Each year, Grow It Local — your local grow community — hosts the national Grow It Local Awards, a community-minded celebration of creativity & fun in homegrown culture.
Entries for our 2023 awards have now closed. Join our newsletter for details on when our 2024 awards open!
.In 2023, we searched for winners in eight key categories:.
- Biggest Vegetable Award
- Wonkiest Vegetable / Vegetable That Most Looks Like...
- The 'Why I Love My Patch' Award - because only a grower knows the feeling
- Australia’s Best Chicken Name Award
- Homegrown Hero – community champion award
- School Garden Award – growing the future
- Sustainable Gardener Award
- Homegrown Harvest Award
Judges included Gardening Australia’s Costa Georgiadis, River Cottage's Paul West, World Record-holding large veg grower Kevin Fortey, master gardener and radio presenter Sabrina Hahn, permaculture legend Kat Lavers, urban grower Connie Cao and Google Head of Creative Dave Bowman.
A few of the many creative and fun entries from our 2022 event.
.How to enter.
Note: Entries for our 2023 awards have now closed. Join our newsletter to be the first to know when our 2024 awards open!
- Post a photo on Instagram or Facebook.
- Tag @growitlocal and use the hashtag #GrowItLocalAwards in your caption, along with the award category you are entering.
- Mention which local council area you live in.
- You also need to be a member of our Grow It Local community — registration is free at growitlocal.com!
Entries closed on March 31, 2023.
.Win great prizes.
Winners in each category scored a jam-packed prize pack of helpful veggie gardening things, including products from:
.See past winners for inspiration.
Ready to get inspired? Check out all our past Grow It Local award winners below.
Can you dig it?